Between 20th and 22nd October 2011, the 1st meeting of the Grundtvig project PLANT WILD took place in Solsona, Catalonia (Spain).
The partners visited the Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia and they knew a little more about the different working lines of the departments of this applied research center.
The participating partners presented the mission and working lines of their organisations and research centres related with the non wood forest products, mainly devoted to aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Banco Portugués Germoplasma Vegetal (PORTUGAL)
- Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia (SPAIN)
- Kilis 7 Aralik University (TURKEY)
- Nature Research Center (LITHUANIA)
During their stage in Solsona, the attendant visited an experience in a private forest, where the owner, with the assessment of the Mushroom Department of the Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia, has implemented a walking path with signals and descriptive pictures to allow the visitors recognising the different edible mushrooms that grow there. The visitors have to pay a fee and they can pick up an agreed amount of mushrooms.
The partners could also taste different traditional meals elaborated with mushrooms.
They also had the opportunity to visit the IV Mushrooms and Mushrooms harvesters Fair in Solsona, where people trade fresh and dry mushrooms and also medicinal herbs.
Finally, there was agreed the next PLANT WILD meetings and subjects to develop:
- Braga (Portugal) – 14th-17th May 2012. Wild harvesting training State of Art.
- Vilnius (Lithuania) – 10th – 13th July 2012. Sustainable wild harvesting.
- Kilis (Turkey) – 17th – 19th April 2013. Wild harvesting businesses.
- Solsona (Spain) – end May – first June 2013. Good practices and future projects.