On 15th September was held a specialised course in Cervera (Lleida – Catalonia):
Wild harvesting of aromatic and medicinal plants: a sustainable economic activity
It was addressed to people interested in considering wild harvesting as way for developing an economic activity, giving the clues for implementing it in a sustainable way.
The topics were:
- Introduction: Trade chain, Cultivation vs wild-crafting.
- Wild-crafting and sustainability: Where, When, Which plants, How, Extraction rates, species more important for home use and for commercial use
- Examples: Arnica montana, Arctostaphyllos uva-ursi, Gentiana lutea
- Practice of good practices.
- Processing-drying: Objective, basic aspects, type of dryers, dry material processing and storing.
- Business aspects: legal procedures, local permits, demand, prices.
Professor: Ms. Roser Melero (firstname.lastname@example.org).